Saturday, October 8, 2011

Johnny Depp will play Dr. Suess in untiled biopic

johnny depp may star in dr seuss biopic
Image courtesy PerezHilton.com 

Illumination Entertainment and Infinitum Nihil are developing a live-action movie about the life of classic children's author and illustrator Dr. Seuss (aka Theodor Geisel). Depp will produce the project with the potential to star as Seuss, and Universal Pictures will distribute. Keith Bunin (In Treatment) has been hired to write the screenplay. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
What do I have to say about this?


First Willy Wonka,  then the Mad Hatter, now Dr. Seuss. Will Johnny ever stop getting amazing roles? Dr. Seuss changed so many lives, probably yours and you don't even know it. 


There's probably not a person in the world who hasn't heard of the man behind 'The cat in the Hat.' Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but a lot of people know him!  


And when you were (/are) in school, when you did (/do) rhymes, your teacher didn't mention Dr. Seuss? My school library had a HUGE Dr. Seuss poster hanging up.


I think this is great news, and I can't wait to see the way that Johnny Depp uses his almost creepy talent of transforming completely into a character and uses it as Dr. Suess. Don't know what I mean? here's a picture of him in makeup for 'Alice in Wonderland'





I can't find a release date or any information regarding one, but If I see one, I'll be sure to update this post.


FOR THE COMMENTS: 
What do you think about Johnny as Dr. Seuss in this new live-action movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment